Thursday 24 February 2011

First Tasks

POST THREE IMAGES
2a.) 
Creative Work



3a.)This is some of the work I did back in New Zealand for a small portfolio. In school, we had to merge a cultural entity with something recreational like sports. I concluded with something I found intriguing, Kung Fu Soccer. Included in the brief was to think about a environment where the event could take place, different from the usual, hence the buildings I have. The other buildings was just drawings that I did and developed, six of the paintings are of the Dubai sail building when I was experimenting with different types of media. The city view of business was my own designed business and the legacy begins is a small project I designed for one of my sister’s cover page.
2b.)
Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore
3b.)One of the early churches of Florance, Italy, this cathedral is known for it’s dome designed by Filippo Brunelleschi. This cathedral was designed in 1296, when alot of buildings were still being built in a Gothic style.  The basilica has polychrome marble panels with the shades of green, pink and white.  This photo was taken when the family and I went to the region of Tuscany.  The picture I have taken is of it’s Façade. The original was actually torn down by order of  ‘Grand Duke Franceso I de’ Medici. A competition for a new Façade began which was won by Emilio De Fabris in 1871. This building is dedicated to Mary, the mother of Jesus.
2c.)
Wainui Beach
3c.)I took this picture at Wainui Beach, NZ in the morning. What influenced me to take this picture was the amazing symmetrical feel of the two ropes and posts running towards the ocean where the sun meets the ocean horizon, reflecting a brilliant white upon the water. This serene scene will be filled with bustling people from left to right later on the day with people relaxing on the beach. It is unique how different stages of a day can make the same location a whole different thing.
 FIND AN IMAGE SHOWING A WORK OF ART FROM EACH OF THE ARTISTS BELOW AND DESCRIBE IT USING A NOUN, VERB AND ADJECTIVE
4a.)
MUEK

4b.)
MALANGI
http://nga.gov.au/Exhibition/malangi/Detail.cfm?IRN=128338&ViewID=2
SHAPES  FLOW  CULTURAL
4c.)
BANKSY


No comments:

Post a Comment